Our Commitment to Your Privacy
CADDAC is committed to keeping all your personal information confidential. It is our policy NOT to give, rent or sell any information that personally identifies you or your family to any organization or individual without your consent.
The information gathered by CADDAC is information voluntarily supplied by you to CADDAC. Typically we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (e.g., when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
Collection of Information
Personally identifiable information – information that you choose to supply — is collected from our website by obvious request only.
- Certain information may be required in order for you to receive further information. If you want us to call, we’ll need your phone number. If you want to receive email, we’ll need your email address. If you want to register for a workshop, or to become a member we’ll need your credit card information and a street address.
- If you choose to participate in an on-line survey, you have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary.
Your personal information in our files may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Your affiliation (parent, educator, psychologist etc.)
Purposes for which CADDAC collects and uses your personal information
- To identify you individually
- To send you information (e.g., workshops, press releases, publications etc.)
- To ask for your help
Disclosure of Personal Information
Outside of the normal communication with you, your name may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- In the course of maintaining our systems and providing you with uninterrupted service, we may use service providers who may require access to systems which contain personal information. These service providers are bound to keep all personal information confidential. They do not retain any personal information.
When you provide us with your consent to be on our e-mail list, you are deemed to give your consent to CADDAC:
- Contact you about events and activities that CADDAC is involved in
- Contact you about advocacy initiatives to enlist your support.
We may ask you to verify your personal information to ensure accuracy.
The Canadian ADHD Action Alliance uses technology and strict security standards to ensure that all personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate use or misuse, for further information contact CADDAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to know what personal information is held about you and have the right to question and request correction of any erroneous information. To access your information, a written request should be sent to CADDAC. All written requests will be responded to within a reasonable time frame.
Inquiries or Concerns
Contact in writing:
The Privacy Officer
3950 14th Avenue
Or you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
The information contained within is provided by CADDAC. All information was believed to be correct at the time of inclusion, however the information is subject to change, based on new information, research and developments. We encourage you to note the following disclaimer as to the information, services, research and products found on the CADDAC website.
CADDAC does not necessarily endorse, recommend, or make representations with respect to the research, services, medication, treatments, or products on the website. The information on the website is “as is” and CADDAC specifically disclaims any other warranties, including but not limited to implied or express warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular usage, application or purpose. The material provided on the CADDAC website is designed for educational and informational purposes only.
The information on the CADDAC website is provided with the understanding that the organization is not engaged in rendering medical or legal advice or recommendation. You should not rely on any information on the website to replace consultations with qualified health care or legal professionals to meet your individual needs. Reference to any treatment or therapy option or to any program, service or treatment is not an official endorsement by CADDAC. Parents and professionals are encouraged to fully investigate treatment options and providers that may be most appropriate for a specific individual.
CADDAC shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained herein. Materials copyrighted by CADDAC are for non-commercial personal and educational use only. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce any document in part or in its entirety is expressly prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from CADDAC.
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than CADDAC is for personal use only. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce any document in part or in its entirety is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the owner.
Some opinions and recommendations contained in this website may not necessarily be those of CADDAC or endorsed by CADDAC.